School bus involved in minor hit-and-run; Complaint for family fraud and domestic disputes – Your Local News
The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period February 10-17, 2022. Due to its length, this report has been divided into five parts. This is the fourth part. Please note that an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Harassment – Fitness at any time. An employee said her ex-boyfriend called and emailed her repeatedly. The woman was informed of the remedies. Officers spoke with the man and advised him that he could manage the situation through a civil legal process.
- Fraud – Blaine Street (MPD). In reference to the complainant reporting fraudulent activity with her bank account. Said her son may have deposited a fake check into their joint account and withdrawn the money. The Complainant provided several documents for the case.
- Juvenile Complaint – North Madison Avenue. In reference to juveniles skating in the area and acting unruly in front of the daycare. The miners received permission from Grace Monroe to skate in the parking lot. They were told to act more civilly.
- Threats – West Spring St. Two parties argue over the phone. Suggested remedies.
- Dispute – Plaza trace Referring to two parties having a dispute. Mediated situation.
- Theft – South Broad St. The Complainant reports that the subject stole her vape and $15. Further investigation led to more thefts in the area, possibly committed by subject.
- Prowler – South Broad St. Subject thinks someone was talking on his porch. Recommended remedies and increased patrols.
- Dispute – W Marable St in reference to a dispute, located by the verified quick SOS area, all seemed ok.
- Suspicious vehicle – West Spring St in reference to a gray truck in place. Subject was inside vehicle, pulled over to sleep, all is well.
- Hit and Run – N Broad St / E Marable St. A school involved, had one child and two adults inside the bus. The white Ford truck was missing when officers arrived. Report in GEARS
- Burglary – Mill Stone Bluff. Residents said that at some point during the night, an attempt was made to break down the front door of the residence. His motorcycle was also overturned. Photos of the door were taken. CID informed.
- Suspicious Person – Highway 11 North and Deer Acres. In reference to a woman walking on the side of the road. The agent made contact and she said she was fine and heading to Tanglewood. A courtesy walk was offered and refused.
- Civil Litigation – W Highland Ave. The complainant informed her ex-girlfriend that she had thrown away some of her belongings. The complainant is trying to find a new place to live but says her ex-girlfriend is making her life difficult. Suggested remedies; report taken.